Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pens and lots of them!

Acadia Desk Set made in Red with White Lines Acrylic
Would it be bragging if I said that I get to make a lot of pens for people each year?  A lot of people know that I am a self taught woodturner.  What most people don't know is that pens are how I taught myself to turn way back in the spring of 2000.  As I said I make a lot of pens each year, a little over 500 custom pens each year.  I make them from natural woods, dyed woods, colorful acrylics and even a few from deer antler (don't worry the antlers used are what the deer shed each year).  One way to get a pen that is always popular for graduates and retirees alike is as a desk set.  Each desk set consists of a gold Acadia pen, pencil and letter opener in a nice Rosewood box with a tilting glass top.  I usually make up about 30 desk sets each year and right now I'm in the middle of making 18 sets.  Pictured above and below are just a couple of the acrylic desk sets that have recently gone out to new homes.  Let me know what you think of them.

Acadia Desk Set made in Scarlet and Black Acrylic


2 comments:

Metalchip123 said...

They look great.

Kim Dailey said...

@Metalchip123 Thank you very much. I appreciate it.